Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Championship Times Three

Well it happened folks! Wrestling, Girls Basketball, and now Boys Basktball have all captured their conference championships this year. To which I say "that is freaking awesome!" Nonetheless I think while we all thought the Girls and Wrestling team would probably walk away with one, the Boys have been a suprise. With limited practice time because of Football nobody was sure how this team was going to do. Well they shut us all up! Nice work to all the coaches and players and parents.

Girls hoops is where we go first. Taylor Wurtz with a strained IT Band in her knee means 2o points to drop in against Oshkosh Lourdes. Nice win over OL with a 49-29 victory Friday night at the Castle. Game was tough until Taylor got hot and put this one away. Ripon will get a first round bye tonight and play the winner of Kiel Sheboygan Falls on Thursday night in Ripon.

Boys had a huge week last week knocking off Waupun and Omro. Talk about physical teams! I have never pictured Ripon as a physical type of team but the guys have shown they can back it up with some big victories. The Winneconne game was just dead! Dead Crowd, Dead Teams, Dead Players, hell even Dead Announcers. Just one of those going through the motions kinda games. A win is a win is a win right. Whatever, the win made the Ripon Tigers conference champs for the first time since the 2002-2003 season. They get the first round bye and will play March 2nd agains the winner of the Sheboygan Falls WLA game.

Wrestling goes like this. For like the last 15 years it seems a kid from Ripon is going to state. This year its Sam Prellwitz in the 140 pound weight class. My heart goes out to Tyler Kasuboski who lost by one point on a chance of going to state. You may remember last year that Blake Roemer captured a state title at 215 pound so lets hope for conintued success.

Biggie Awards for this Blog

POB Boys - Eric Neuman has had some big success in the last few games for the Boys

POG Girls - Taylor Wurtz gets a nod for player of the year in the ECFC for me

Best Warm Up Song - My Humps by Black Eyed Peas heard at Oshkosh Lourdes Castle. Nothing like hearing " Im gonna get you get you drunk, get you love drunk off my humps, my humps my humps my humps my humps my humps my humps my humps my humps my humps my lovely lady lumps." At the Catholic High School To that I say "I love America Check It Out"

BOLD STATMENT THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID: RIPON FANS GET OFF YOUR ASSES EVERY ONCE AND AWHILE AND CHEER. MAKE SOME NOISE FOR THE TEAMS SHOW THEM WHO RULES NOT JUST WHEN A BIG GAME IS ON THE LINE!

Until Next Time....Rock On!

Biggie

No comments: