Monday, December 19, 2005

Packers - Girls Hoops & The Colts

Well the Packers take on Baltimore on Monday night in a game that should be about as exciting as watching paint dry. I'm sorry, are you like me in and have said the Packers season was a wash like 6 weeks ago. I'm a big Packer fan don't get me wrong but for the first time in 14 years I didn't watch a game about three weeks ago because I could care less. I have said this all along give me a high school game over a pro game any day. It's not about the money or the glory it's about playing and winning.

Speaking of high school sports. I had the chance to call the Ripon vs. Brown Deer girls game on Saturday afternoon at the friendly confines of the Ripon High School Gymnasium. And Ripon did a number on the Lady Falcons 61-39. Great game for Ripon, now I know BD was coming off a Friday night loss to Pewaukee but this team plays no defense. I saw the JV game and they played no defense, I saw the Varsity game, they played no defense. They like to watch people run down the court and make baskets and that is just what Ripon did. Taylor Wurtz with 19 Erin Lind with 10. Lindsay Berndt has been playing some good ball for the Tigers. I know LB didn't get a whole lot of minutes earlier in the season but she is making up for it now. She fights hard down in the paint and makes the baskets count. LB also gets the award for quickest free throw shooter ever. Usually a player goes through some little ritual 19 bounces on the floor wait...wait....wait, then shoot. Not LB, one bounce and shot. The Tiger girls are a threat to be reckon with, and they face one of their biggest tests coming up on Dec. 27 against Elkhorn. It is gonna be a good one!

The Colts finally lost to the Chargers. Did you honestly think they were gonna win out. Well if you were like me YES. Payton Manning to Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, and Tony Dungy could be the newest Four Horseman. Time, Faminie, Pestilence, and Death. Whose who? I'm not sure! The Colts will be Super Bowl Champions.

Until next time.....Rock On!

Biggie

No comments: